This is where fat goes when you lose weight, according to scientists – and research suggests doctors and dietitians have got it all wrong

People always try to exercise to lose weight and get slimmer. In some outstanding cases, people that are really overweight with a continous excersise regime they get so slim that they amaze. When they finish their “transformation” usually show proudly an old garment like a pair of jeans worn when they were overweight and they compare them to an actual pair of jeans and the comparison really astonishes and excites.

Obtaining these kind of results involve perseverance, perseverance and perseverance. Fat is going to shed slowly. But have you ever thought about exactly how fat disappears from the body?

As part of a study on the topic, scientists from the University of New South Wales posed a simple question to health professionals: when somebody loses weight, where does the fat go? Of the 150 doctors, dietitians, and personal trainers they surveyed, they said only three respondents answered the question correctly.

“The most common misconception by far was that fat is converted to energy,” the scientists wrote. “The problem with this theory is that it violates the law of conservation of matter, which all chemical reactions obey.”

The law of conversion of matter states that the mass of an object never changes, no matter how the particles rearrange themselves.

Other respondents believed fat was converted into muscle, which, they explained, “is impossible.”
Another theory was that it leaves the body through the colon, which is also incorrect, according to scientists.

Jacob Lund / Shutterstock

So whats the correct answer?

“Fat is transformed to carbon dioxide and water” they explained. Nearly 80% of fat is converted to carbon dioxide when we exhale and the remaining 20% is converted to water (urine or sweat).

They added that while this may surprise people, “almost everything we eat comes back out via the lungs. “Every carbohydrate you digest and nearly all the fats are converted to carbon dioxide and water.” The same goes for alcohol and protein, apart from a small amount from the latter that is turned into urea and other solids, and excreted as urine.

The scientists pointed out that the only food that arrives at your colon undigested is “dietary fiber,” such as sweetcorn. The rest is absorbed into the bloodstream and organs. “After that, it’s not going anywhere until you’ve vaporised it,” they wrote.

Its important to know this kind of technical information because it will give us the direct answer that fat will be shed only via carbon dioxide, urine and sweat. Many products have appear lately that promise they can help you lose weight without exercise. We must not trust that kind of dishonest products, because we now know that the only right weight to lose weight is through excersise and a good meal plan. Don’t get scammed.

Deja un comentario

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *